By entering your email you agree to receive personalized Black Owned Business Network deals each day. You may unsubscribe at anytime.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF — USE
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF — USE, IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THE SITE AND DO NOT — USE ANY BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK SERVICE, PARTICIPATE IN ANY PROGRAM OR PURCHASE ANY VOUCHER, PRODUCT OR OTHER GOOD OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE.
- About the Site
- Ownership of the Site
- Use of the Site
- Access to the Site
- Your Account
- Your Conduct
- Your Privacy
- Terms of Sale
- Special Programs
- Copyright and Trademarks
- User Content
- Unsolicited Ideas
- Copyright Policy and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Procedures
- Disclaimer of Warranty
- Limitation of Liability
- Electronic Communications
- Websites of Others
- Force Majeure
- Entire Agreement
- Choice of Law
- Dispute Resolution
- License to Sell Travel Services
- Additional Disclosures
- About the Site
The Site is a platform through which certain merchants (“Merchants”) sell vouchers for goods, services or experiences (“Vouchers”), sell travel goods and services (“Getaways”), sell gift cards (“Merchant Gift Cards”), sell goods and services directly to you (“Merchant Products”), make available coupons, promotional codes, giveaways, samples, and offers for software downloads (“Coupons”), and sell dining experiences for specific dates and times (“Reservations“) (collectively, “Merchant Offerings”). Merchants are the sellers and issuers of the Merchant Offerings and are solely responsible to you for the care, quality, and delivery of the goods and services provided.
In addition, the Site also provides a platform through which you can purchase products from Black Owned Business Network (“Products”) and participate in other available programs.
Certain Merchant Offerings, Products, other available programs and pricing on the Site may change at any time in Black Owned Business Network’s sole discretion, without notice.
- Ownership of the Site
- Use of the Site
As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree that:
- You have reached the age of majority in the state or province in which you reside;
- You are able to create a binding legal obligation;
- You are not barred from receiving products or services under applicable law;
- You will not attempt to use the Site with crawlers, robots, data mining or extraction tools or any other functionality;
- You will only make legitimate purchases that comply with the letter and spirit of the terms of the respective offers;
- You will only make purchases on the Site for your own use and enjoyment or, as a gift for another person;
- You have the right to provide any and all information you submit to the Site, and all such information is accurate, true, current and complete;
- You will update and correct information you have submitted to the Site and ensure that it is accurate at all times (out-of-date information will invalidate your account); and,
- Access to the Site
Black Owned Business Network retains the right, at our sole discretion, to deny service or use of the Site or an account to anyone at any time and for any reason. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Site and your account accessible, the Site and/or your account may be unavailable from time to time. You understand and agree that there may be interruptions in service or events, Site access or access to your account due to circumstances both within our control (e.g., routine maintenance) and outside of our control.
- Your Account
You may only create and hold one account on the Site for your personal use and must register using a valid credit card. You are responsible for updating and correcting information you have submitted to create or maintain your account. As part of your account settings, you have the option to: (a) save, edit or delete your personal information, including, without limitation, a valid credit card; and (b) opt-out of persistent login. You understand and agree that Black Owned Business Network shall have no responsibility for any incident arising out of, or related to, your account settings. You must safeguard your password and supervise the use of your account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and maintaining settings that reflect your preferences. We will assume that anyone using the Site or transacting through your account is you. You agree that you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your account.
The Site may permit you to make purchases without an account or without logging in to your account. If you make a purchase in this manner, we will create an account for you based on the information provided to us in connection with the transaction (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, and other transaction information).
- Your Conduct
- Submitting any content to the Site that:
- Violates applicable laws (including, without limitation, but not limited to intellectual property laws, laws relating to rights of privacy and rights of publicity and laws related to defamation);
- Contains personal information, except when we expressly ask you to provide such information;
- Contains viruses or malware;
- Offers unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted, confidential or private information;
- Has the effect of impersonating others;
- Contains messages by non-spokesperson employees of Black Owned Business Network purporting to speak on behalf of Black Owned Business Network or provides confidential information concerning Black Owned Business Network;
- Contains chain letters of any kind;
- Is purposely inaccurate, commits fraud or falsifies information in connection with your Black Owned Business Network account or to create multiple Black Owned Business Network accounts; or
- Is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
- Attempting to do or actually doing any of the following:
- Accessing data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Scanning or monitoring the Site for data gathering purposes in an effort to track sales, usage, aggregate offering information, pricing information or similar data;
- Scanning or testing the security or configuration of the Site or breaching security or authentication measures; or
- Interfering with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or attempting to overload, “flood,” “spam,” “mail bomb” or “crash” the Site.
- Using any of the following:
- Frames, framing techniques or framing technology to enclose any content included on the Site without our express written permission;
- Any Site content, including without limitation User Content (defined below), in any meta tags or any other “hidden text” techniques or technologies without our express written permission;
- The Site or any of its contents to advertise or solicit, for any commercial, political or religious purpose or to compete, directly or indirectly, with Black Owned Business Network; or
- The Site or any of its resources to solicit consumers, Merchants or other third-parties to become users or partners of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with Black Owned Business Network, including, without limitation, aggregating current or previously offered deals.
- Collecting any of the following:
- Content from the Site, including, without limitation, in connection with current or previously offered deals, and featuring such content to consumers in any manner that diverts traffic from the Site without our express written permission; or
- Personal Information (defined in our Privacy Statement), User Content (defined in Section 12 below) or content of any consumers or Merchants.
- Engaging in any of the following:
- Tampering or interfering with the proper functioning of any part, page or area of the Site or any functions or services provided by Black Owned Business Network;
- Taking any action that places excessive demand on our services or imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other portion of our infrastructure (as determined in our sole discretion);
- Reselling or repurposing your access to the Site or any purchases made through the Site;
- Accessing, monitoring or copying any content from the Site using any “robot,” “spider,” “scraper” or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violating the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypassing or circumventing other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- Aggregating any current or previously-offered deals or content or other information from the Site (whether using links or other technical means or physical records associated with purchases made through the Site) with material from other sites or on a secondary site without our express written permission;
- Deep-linking to any portion of the Site (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any Voucher) without our express written permission;
- Hyperlinking to the Site from any other website without our initial and ongoing consent; or
- Acting illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of Black Owned Business Network, our Merchants or our services.
- Your Privacy
- Terms of Sale
- Special Programs
- Copyright and Trademarks
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the United States. Black Owned Business Network owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, distribute, publish, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of the content without the express permission of Black Owned Business Network or the copyright owner is permitted. If downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, you will make independent attribution and/or make no changes in or deletion of any author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Any violation of these restrictions may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
Black Owned Business Network owns trademarks, registered and unregistered, in many countries and “BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK,” the Black Owned Business Network logos and variations thereof found on the Site are trademarks owned by Black Owned Business Network, Inc. or its related entities and all use of these marks inures to the benefit of Black Owned Business Network. “BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK” is a trademark registered in the following countries: Algeria, Antigua, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, the European Union, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, O.A.P.I., Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, the Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Vietnam. A non-exhaustive list of Black Owned Business Network’s trademarks can be found here.
Other marks on the site not owned by Black Owned Business Network may be under license from the trademark owner thereof, in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of Black Owned Business Network unless otherwise stated, or may be the property of their respective owners. You may not use Black Owned Business Network’s name, logos, trademarks or brands, or trademarks or brands of others on the Site without Black Owned Business Network’s express permission.
- User Content
The Site may provide registered users and visitors various opportunities to submit or post reviews, opinions, advice, ratings, discussions, comments, messages, survey responses and other communications, as well as files, images, photographs, video, sound recordings, musical works, and any other content or material submitted or posted to the Site (collectively, “User Content“) through forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms, surveys, blogs or other communication facilities that may be offered on, through, or in connection with the Site from time to time. You may be required to have a Black Owned Business Network account to submit User Content.
In some instances and from time to time, it may be possible to modify or remove the User Content submitted or posted through your account. Black Owned Business Network makes no representations or warranties that the User Content you modify or remove will be modified or removed from the Site or elsewhere, or that the User Content will cease to appear on the Internet, in search engines, social media websites, or in any other form, media or technology.
- Public Nature of Your User Content.
- You understand and agree that User Content is public. Any person (whether or not a user of Black Owned Business Network’s services) may read your User Content without your knowledge. Please do not include any Personal Information in your User Content unless you wish for it to be publicly disclosed. Black Owned Business Network is not responsible for the use or disclosure of any Personal Information that you disclose in connection with User Content.
- Any User Content of any kind made by you or any third-party is made by the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not by Black Owned Business Network. Other users may post User Content that is inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Black Owned Business Network does not endorse and is not responsible for any User Content, and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such User Content. User Content reflects the opinions of the person submitting it and may not reflect the opinion of Black Owned Business Network. Black Owned Business Network does not control or endorse any User Content, and specifically disclaims any liability concerning or relating to your contribution of, use of, or reliance on any User Content and any actions resulting from your participation in any part of the Site, including, without limitation, any objectionable User Content.
- License Grants.
- As between you and Black Owned Business Network, you shall retain all ownership rights in and to the User Content you submit or post. However, by contributing User Content or other information on or through the Site, you grant Black Owned Business Network a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferrable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, transmit, offer for sale and sell the User Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees and without compensation to you. You waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding the User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. Black Owned Business Network’s license in any User Content or Personal Information submitted includes, but is not limited to, use for promotions, advertising, marketing, market research, merchant feedback, quality control or any other lawful purpose.
- As detailed in Section 3, contributing User Content or other information on or through the Site, is limited to individuals who are over the age of majority in the state or province in which they reside. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By contributing User Content or other content on or through the Communities, you affirm that you are over the age of majority in the state or province in which they reside. We will promptly delete User Content or other content associated with any account we obtain actual knowledge of that is associated with a registered user who is not at least the age of majority in the state or province in which he or she resides.
- Unsolicited Ideas
We do not accept or consider, directly or through any Black Owned Business Network employee or agent, unsolicited ideas of any kind, including without limitation, ideas or suggestions relating to new or improved products, enhancements, names or technologies, advertising and marketing campaigns, plans or other promotions. Do not send us (or any of our employees) any unsolicited ideas, suggestions, material, images or other work in any form (“Unsolicited Materials”). If you send us Unsolicited Materials, you understand and agree that the following terms will apply, notwithstanding any cover letter or other terms that accompany them:
- Black Owned Business Network has no obligation to review any Unsolicited Materials, nor to keep any Unsolicited Materials confidential; and
- Black Owned Business Network will own, and may use and redistribute, Unsolicited Materials for any purpose without restriction and free of any obligation to acknowledge or compensate you.
- Infringement Reporting Procedures and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Procedures
- Infringement Reporting Procedures.If you own copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights (“IP Rights Owner”), or if you are an agent authorized to act on the IP Rights Owner’s behalf (“Authorized Agent”), and you have a good faith belief that material or products on the Site infringe the IP Rights Owner’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, and you would like to bring it to Black Owned Business Network’s attention, you can report your concern(s) by submitting your complaint here.
- DMCA Procedures.Black Owned Business Network reserves the right to terminate your or any third-party’s right to use the Site if such use infringes the copyrights of another. Black Owned Business Network may, under appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate your or any third-party’s right to access to the Site, if Black Owned Business Network determines that you or a third-party is a repeat infringer. If you believe that any material has been posted via the Site by any third-party in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and you would like to bring it to Black Owned Business Network’s attention, you must provide Black Owned Business Network’s DMCA Agent identified below with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) an identification of the copyrighted work and the location on the Site of the allegedly infringing work; (c) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent or the law; (d) your name and contact information, including, without limitation, telephone number and email address; and (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The contact information for Black Owned Business Network’s DMCA Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is: Black Owned Business Network, Inc. Attn: Copyright Agent, 600 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60654, email: dmca@Black Owned Business Network.com.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT — USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NONE OF BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT — USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (A) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM — USE OF THE SITE, OR (B) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF (I) THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, (II) DESCRIPTIONS OF MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS, OR (III) — USER CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT, — USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, — USER CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THE MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, PARTNERS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFIT, LOST BUSINESS, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) YOUR — USE OF THE SITE, THE CONTENT, — USER CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION EITHER CONTAINED IN THE SITE OR SUBMITTED BY TO YOU TO THE SITE; (B) YOUR INABILITY TO — USE THE SITE; (C) MODIFICATION OR REMOVAL OF CONTENT SUBMITTED ON THE SITE; (D) THE MERCHANT OFFERINGS, PRODUCTS AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; (E) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OTHER THAN MERCHANT OFFERINGS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM A MERCHANT; (F) THESE TERMS OF — USE; OR (G) ANY IMPROPER — USE OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT WILL BLACK OWNED BUSINESS NETWORK’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH A MERCHANT OFFERING, PRODUCT, AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID FOR THE APPLICABLE VOUCHER, PRODUCT OR SERVICE. TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A)-(G) ABOVE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU DURING THE SIX MONTHS PRECEDING THE BRINGING OF ANY CLAIM. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CA– USE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A)-(G) ABOVE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CA– USE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OR THE CA– USE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. BECA– USE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, ALL OR A PORTION OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Electronic Communications
When you use the Site or send emails to Black Owned Business Network, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive electronic communications related to your use of the Site. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Notices from us will be considered delivered to you and effective when sent to the email address you provide on the Site or from which you otherwise email us.
- Websites of Others
The Site contains links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or liability caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any content, Products or services available on or through any such linked site or resource.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with Merchants and other users of the Site. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Black Owned Business Network from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service of a Merchant, regardless of whether such product or service is a Merchant Offering available through the Site, any action or inaction by a Merchant, including, without limitation, but not limited to any harm caused to you by action or inaction of a Merchant, a Merchant’s failure to comply with applicable law and/or failure to abide by the terms of a Merchant Offering or any other product or service purchased or obtained by you from the Merchant, and any conduct, speech or User Content, whether online or offline, of any other third-party.
- Force Majeure
- Entire Agreement
- Choice of Law
- Dispute Resolution
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must comply with the limitations provision set forth in Section 24(e) and submit the Dispute by utilizing the forms available at http://www.adr.org, and simultaneously sending a copy of the completed form to the following address: C T Corporation System, 208 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 814, Chicago, IL 60604. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. Black Owned Business Network will reimburse those fees for Disputes totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the Dispute is frivolous. Likewise, Black Owned Business Network will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the Dispute is frivolous. The arbitration will be conducted based upon written submissions unless you request and/or the arbitrator determines that a telephone or in-person hearing is necessary.
(b) No Class Action Matters. We each agree that we shall bring any Dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative proceeding or as an association. In addition, we each agree that Disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these provisions.
(c) Choice of Law and Forum; No Jury Trial. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court: (i) except with respect to a qualifying claim over a Dispute in a small claims court, you agree that any such Dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) you and Black Owned Business Network irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such Disputes; (iii) you and Black Owned Business Network agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law and the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern this Dispute Agreement and any Disputes; and (iv) you and Black Owned Business Network agree to waive any right to a trial by jury.
(e) Time Limitations. If either of us wants to assert a Dispute against the other, the party with a Dispute must institute arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose. Absent commencing the arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose, the Dispute(s) will be forever barred.
(f) Severability. With the exception of Section 24(b) above, if any part of this Section 24 is ruled to be unenforceable, then the balance of this Section 24 shall remain in full effect and construed and enforced as if the portion ruled unenforceable were not contained herein. If Section 24(b) above is ruled to be unenforceable, then Section 24(a) shall be deemed unenforceable, but the rest of Section 24 shall remain in full effect.
- License to Sell Travel Services
Black Owned Business Network holds a license to sell travel services in the following states: (a) Florida – Fla. Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST39432; (b) Hawaii – license number TAR6914; (c) Iowa – license number 1189; and (d) Washington – license number 603352377.
- Additional Disclosures
You are contracting with Black Owned Business Network, Inc. Correspondence should be directed to: Black Owned Business Network, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654;http://www.Black Owned Business Network.com/helpcenter.
If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
We, the Operators of this Website, provide it as a public service to our users.
Please carefully review the following basic rules that govern your use of the Website. Please note that your use of the Website constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you (the “User”) do not agree to them, do not use the Website, provide any materials to the Website or download any materials from them.
The Operators reserve the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to User. Your use of the Website following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as changed. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions of Use whenever you use the Website.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses
You may use the the Website for the sole purpose of sharing and exchanging ideas with other Users. You may not use the the Website to violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including without limitation any applicable laws relating to antitrust or other illegal trade or business practices, federal and state securities laws, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, and any U.S. laws, rules, and regulations governing the export and re-export of commodities or technical data.
You may not upload or transmit any material that infringes or misappropriates any person’s copyright, patent, trademark, or trade secret, or disclose via the the Website any information the disclosure of which would constitute a violation of any confidentiality obligations you may have.
You may not upload any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other forms of harmful computer code, nor subject the Website’s network or servers to unreasonable traffic loads, or otherwise engage in conduct deemed disruptive to the ordinary operation of the Website.
You are strictly prohibited from communicating on or through the Website any unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, fraudulent, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any sort, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
You are expressly prohibited from compiling and using other Users’ personal information, including addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or other contact information that may appear on the Website, for the purpose of creating or compiling marketing and/or mailing lists and from sending other Users unsolicited marketing materials, whether by facsimile, email, or other technological means.
You also are expressly prohibited from distributing Users’ personal information to third-party parties for marketing purposes. The Operators shall deem the compiling of marketing and mailing lists using Users’ personal information, the sending of unsolicited marketing materials to Users, or the distribution of Users’ personal information to third parties for marketing purposes as a material breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, and the Operators reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to and use of the Website and to suspend or revoke your membership in the consortium without refund of any membership dues paid.
The Operators note that unauthorized use of Users’ personal information in connection with unsolicited marketing correspondence also may constitute violations of various state and federal anti-spam statutes. The Operators reserve the right to report the abuse of Users’ personal information to the appropriate law enforcement and government authorities, and the Operators will fully cooperate with any authorities investigating violations of these laws.
The Operators do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through the Website. Any material, information, or other communication you transmit or post (“Contributions”) to the Website will be considered non-confidential.
All contributions to this site are licensed by you under the MIT License to anyone who wishes to use them, including the Operators.
If you work for a company or at a University, it’s likely that you’re not the copyright holder of anything you make, even in your free time. Before making contributions to this site, get written permission from your employer.
User Discussion Lists and Forums
The Operators may, but are not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Website where users transmit or post communications or communicate solely with each other, including but not limited to user forums and email lists, and the content of any such communications. The Operators, however, will have no liability related to the content of any such communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. The Operators may edit or remove content on the the Website at their discretion at any time.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when registering with the Website. It is your responsibility to maintain and promptly update this account information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provides any information that is fraudulent, untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is fraudulent, untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account without notice and to refuse any and all current and future use of the Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Operators, agents, vendors or suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use or misuse of the Website, including, without limitation, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, the infringement by you, or any other subscriber or user of your account, of any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity.
These Terms and Conditions of Use are effective until terminated by either party. If you no longer agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you must cease use of the Website. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, their content, or any of these terms, conditions, and policies, your sole legal remedy is to discontinue using the Website. The Operators reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to and use of the Website, or parts of the Website, without notice, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such use (i) is in violation of any applicable law; (ii) is harmful to our interests or the interests, including intellectual property or other rights, of another person or entity; or (iii) where the Operators have reason to believe that you are in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
THE WEBSITE AND ASSOCIATED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE OPERATORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENTOF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. THE OPERATORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT YOUR — USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THE OPERATORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE — USE OF THE WEBSITE. THE OPERATORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OPERATORS OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS, VENDORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE — USE, MIS– USE OF OR INABILITY TO — USE THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE OPERATORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. BECA– USE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE — USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF CONTENT. THE OPERATORS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CA– USED, OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CA– USED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY THE INFORMATION OR IDEAS CONTAINED, SUGGESTED OR REFERENCED IN OR APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE OPERATORS OR THROUGH THE OPERATORS, THEIR EMPLOYEES, OR THIRD PARTIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR — USE OF THE THE WEBSITE, THAT YOUR — USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
LIABILITY LIMITATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL THE OPERATORS OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS, VENDORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO — USER OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE — USE OF OR INABILITY TO — USE THE THE WEBSITE OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR FOR ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE OPERATORS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE OPERATORS’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE WILL NOT EXCEED FIVE U.S. DOLLARS ($5.00). — USER AGREES AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND THAT THE OPERATORS WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE WEBSITE ABSENT SUCH LIMITATION.
The Website is hosted in the United States. The Operators make no claims that the Content on the Website is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms. A party may give notice to the other party only in writing at that party’s principal place of business, attention of that party’s principal legal officer, or at such other address or by such other method as the party shall specify in writing. Notice shall be deemed given upon personal delivery or facsimile, or, if sent by certified mail with postage prepaid, 5 business days after the date of mailing, or, if sent by international overnight courier with postage prepaid, 7 business days after the date of mailing. If any provision herein is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being affected in any way. Further, the parties agree to replace such unenforceable provision with an enforceable provision that most closely approximates the intent and economic effect of the unenforceable provision. Section headings are for reference purposes only and do not define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. The failure of the Operators to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit the Operators’ rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. Any action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or User’s use of the Website must be brought in the courts of Belgium, and you consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. These Terms set forth the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and supersedes any and all oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties, as to their subject matter. The waiver of a breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.
Links to Other Materials
The Website may contain links to sites owned or operated by independent third parties. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not control such sites and, therefore, we are not responsible for any content posted on these sites. The fact that the Operators offer such links should not be construed in any way as an endorsement, authorization, or sponsorship of that site, its content or the companies or products referenced therein, and the Operators reserve the right to note its lack of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement on the Website. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to by the Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. Because some sites employ automated search results or otherwise link you to sites containing information that may be deemed inappropriate or offensive, the Operators cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in third party sites, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites.
Notification Of Possible Copyright Infringement
In the event you believe that material or content published on the Website may infringe on your copyright or that of another, please contact us.